The following is the list of requirements that need to be met to be considered for assistance from ABATE of Lexington DRAF Committee.
- Must be a paid in full member of ABATE of Lexington at the time of the accident.
- Must not be cited for DUI (alcohol or drugs). Police report required.
- Payouts are limited to funds availability, needs of applicant and are based on the discretion of the board.
- NO CASH AWARDS. Payouts are to be used for household bills, medical bills, or grocery bills (no alcohol or tobacco purchases). Receipts or bills will be required to be paid.
- May not be a self-inflicted accident
- If there are 2 paid members that go down on one bike, each will be considered for separate pay out.
- Applicants will be respectfully asked to “Pledge to Replenish” the funds accepted, back to the DRAF fund, if and when you are able to do so. This will allow funds to be there for other individuals.
- Committee members will not search out applicants. Applicants must be brought to our attention for consideration.
- All sources of income will be considered in the application process.
This is an ever growing and evolving effort that the committee members are making to get this assistance fund going. As we progress, there is a possibility of requirement changes. Changes will be posted and will not to affect applicants already under consideration.
Your D.R.A.F. Committee Members
Help Us Help You!
This is not an insurance policy & ABATE of Lexington shall be held harmless if no funds are available. Disbursement of funds shall be on first come first served basis.